[Mailman3-dev] Mailing list attributes: immediate access, or proxied?

Mark Bucciarelli mark at gaiahost.coop
Tue Mar 29 16:58:47 CEST 2005

Robin Munn wrote:

> ~    * Methods and mailing list attributes are living in the same
> namespace. Could hit collisions.

I see your point.  The list attributes are pulled from a SQL table, so
it's possible that someone could add a custom attribute (to the table)
and then a later release of mailman could add a new class attribute with
that name.  That could lead to some amazing bug.

But this is the only scenario I could think of; i.e. where a user adds a
custom attribute.

Seems very low probability and perhaps could be handled by documentation
(e.g., all custom attributes should use an "x_" prefix in their name)
and an exception or assertion failure in the code that sets the
attributes after reading them from the db.

I guess that syntax mlist.attr.prop just bugs me.  :)

By the way, how did you guys do on Tuesday?

Regards,

Mark