[Mailman-Users] rejecting messages with any HTML

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Wed Mar 11 21:11:28 EDT 2020

Hi,

2.1.30rc1. I would like to reject incoming messages that have any HTML
parts in them at all. Or, perhaps, I'd like to whitelist a few
different mimetypes, and reject incoming messages with parts that
don't match. I noticed that mailman has a feature to strip out
disallowed mimetypes, and also to reject messages that are empty after
such stripping. But I could not find a button to reject the entire
message (with a nice reject reply, preferably) based on the presence
of a certain mimetype. Am I missing something?

I should note that this isn't an unusual desire. Several
kernel-orienting lists, such as netdev at vger.kernel.org, will reject
your message if it has HTML in any part of it, and send you back an
email letting you know what happened.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Jason