[Mailman-Users] Setting MM 3 attributes

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Feb 27 23:37:29 EST 2020

On 2/27/20 10:18 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>>> Setting Maximum message size works in current Postorius. What version do
>>> you have?
>>
>>   I'm running 1.1.2; it's from the Ubuntu repo.
>
> Actually, the issue is Mailman core, not Postorius. max_message_size was
> not exposed in REST before version 3.2.0.

  Ahh I see.

  I sure wish the distribution packagers would do a better job of
keeping up with new releases.  I'm an old-school UNIX guy, very much
accustomed to building everything from source (under SunOS, Ultrix, etc)
and I still maintain that these package management systems create more
problems than they solve. ;)

  I got motivated and tried setting that variable via the mailman shell,
and it worked a treat.  Thanks again for hitting me with the clue bat.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA