[Mailman-Users] The last release from the GNU Mailman project (was: Handling Munged From Addresses)

Bill Cole mailmanu-20190215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Feb 27 14:51:44 EST 2020

On 27 Feb 2020, at 14:24, Jim Popovitch via Mailman-Users wrote:

> Personally, I'd like to see the GNU Mailman project have a formal
> Mailman 2.3 release that supports Python3, I feel that there would be
> lot of support for that.

I'm sure there would be widespread applause and congratulations if such
a thing were actually released. That sort of "support" is unhelpful
towards actually making such a release.

The needed support is the actual skilled effort of writing the required
Python3 code. I don't have the time to hunt down the specific
statements, but I have vague recollections that both Barry and Mark have
said repeatedly that doing so would be substantially more effort than
they are willing to put into anything built on the MM2 architecture.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org
Not Currently Available For Hire