[Mailman-Users] Upgrading Mailman from Centos package...

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 13 16:10:34 EST 2020

On 2/13/20 12:34 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
> Probably a dumb question, but, this should also be the process to update MM from a RHEL/CentOS package to a later version from source?
>
> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/4.80%20How%20do%20I%20upgrade%20from%20Mailman%202.1.x%20to%20a%20later%20Mailman%202.1.y%3F
>
> I've checked this:
>
> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/RHEL%20file%20changes%20after%20version%202.1.5-20

Have you also seen which is linked from that?

You basically want to unpack the source tarball or retrieve the latest
source from Launchpad, configure it with --prefix=/usr/lib/mailman, and
'make' but not 'make install', and then update everything that's in
/usr/lib/mailman from the resulting Mailman/, build/bin, build/cron,
messages/, scripts and templates/.

You don't need to be concerned about /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin,
/usr/lib/mailman/mail or /usr/lib/mailman/tests.

I think that will work, but I've never done it so no guarantees.