[Mailman-Users] Attachment issue in Outlook

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 3 16:26:05 EST 2020

On 2/3/20 5:43 AM, Kapil Dev Sharma wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We are using mailman 2.1.29. When sending the mail using Mailman, The email
> body content is sent as an attachment (ATT00001.txt). We face this type of
> issues only in outlook. Could you please suggest us the solution for the
> same.

What does your list do to this mail. I.e. have you set from_is_list or
dmarc_moderation_action to Wrap Message?

Actually, the most likely explanation is the list has set Non-digest
options -> msg_header, and the incoming message (after content
filtering) is other than a single text/plain part. This will cause the
msg_header to be added as a separate MIME part preceding the rest of the
message. If that is the reason, you may be able to adjust the list's
content filtering using things like pass_mime_types,
collapse_alternatives and convert_html_to_plaintext to ensure the
filtered message is a single text/plain part.

However, if you want to allow HTML, and or attachments, you will need to
ensure that Non-digest options -> msg_header is completely empty, or use
a mail client that is better at displaying inline text in line.