[Mailman-Users] Mailman on TMDHosting.com

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Feb 1 16:15:26 EST 2020

On 2/1/20 9:54 AM, Tim H wrote:

 > Top posting my reply, hope this is OK.  Oddly, my host included a
 > Terminal window! I have never seen that before.

And it appears from the # prompt in that window that you have root
access to the server. This seems to say to me that the host doesn't have
much of a clue at all about what they are doing.

 > Attached are screen
 > shots of some ls -l results.
 >
 > Mark are these normal for a mailman installation?

Your screenshots were removed by the list's content filtering, but I got
them in off-list mail. The only interesting one is

# ls -l /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman

'x 2 mailman mailman  22 Nov 11 01:37 bin
'x 2 mailman mailman 170 Nov 11 01:37 cgi-bin
'x 2 mailman mailman  21 Nov 11 01:37 mail

Note, this would be much better just copied and pasted into your email
rather than attached as a screenshot.

Yes, these are normal, but there is much more missing. If this were
actually a working Mailman installation there would also be archives,
cron, data, icons, lists, locks, logs, Mailman, messages, pythonlib,
qfiles, scripts, spam and tests directories in addition to the bin,
cgi-bin and mail directories that are there.

So basically, Mailman is not really installed in any functional way.