[Mailman-Users] Do sender filters apply to subscription requests?

Kevin Bowen kevin.t.bowen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:37:56 EDT 2019

Hello,
One of my instance's lists is apparently getting spammed with subscription
requests from addresses outside my org. In sender filters, for
reject_these_nonmembers I put ^(?!.*(example)\.com$) [actual domain
redacted], but the requests still get through to the moderation queue. Do
the sender filters apply only to posts, not to subscription requests? If
so, is there any way to automatically reject subscription requests based on
a regex?

Kevin Bowen
kevin.t.bowen at gmail.com <kevin at ucsd.edu>