[Mailman-Users] bug

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Oct 28 00:24:05 EDT 2019

Dave Stevens writes:

 > I was trying to log in to the mailman pending admin tasks page to
 > delete an attempted post by a non-member.
 >
 > in /var/log/mailman/error is:

 > admin(22004):   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 422,
 >   in __write admin(22004):     fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
 > admin(22004): IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
 >   '/var/lib/mailman/locks/amsmembers.lock.web6.bcenclave.ca.22004.0'

Lockfile.__write is a nearly trivial function; I doubt this is a bug,
rather a configuration issue or an environment it's not designed to
work in.

It appears this process is running as www-data.  Does
/var/lib/mailman/locks exist?  Is it a directory?  Is it readable and
writable as a directory by www-data or www-data's group?  Is it on a
local disk, or some kind of network file system?

 > SCRIPT_NAME: /virtualmin-mailman/unauthenticated/admindb.cgi

This is not provided by Mailman, I suspect, unless it's a link to a
Mailman script.  What does it do?  Is it just a call to
/var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver?

Steve