[Mailman-Users] Intendation of threads in archive too high

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Oct 15 17:57:51 EDT 2019

On 10/15/19 1:55 PM, Peter Wetz wrote:

> However, see that the thread in the archive of my list is indented at level
> 3. The thread should be at the very left of the screen (where the bullet
> points typically start), but this is not the case as can be seen on the
> screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/ab9WSuz
>
> I inspected the HTML code and can see that there are three <ul> tags before
> the first entry starts. However, I don't know where they come from. As can
> be seen above, they are not part of archidxentry.html. I also took a look
> at archidxhead.html and archliststart.html, but have seen nothing
> suspicious there.

This can be caused by multiple copies of the same post (same
Message-ID:) in the archive. You won't see them in the index because
duplicates are suppressed there, but if you inspect the actual
archives/private/LISTNAME/yyyy-Month/ directories, you will see them.

This is normally caused by rebuilding the archive with bin/arch without
specifying --wipe.