[Mailman-Users] No archive files but 2 lists taking up 50MB in cPanel?

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Oct 3 13:29:26 EDT 2019

On 10/3/19 1:21 PM, Tom Corcoran wrote:
> Thanks Brian!
>
> That's great to have that confirmed :-)
>
> *But*, the mystery for me is if archives are turned off how are the
> attachments saved. Is there another setting? If not, surely one should be
> added so this unnecessary support request is not needed?
>
> I may have done my isp a disservice. I had a separate request (no resolved)
> re mailman auto discarding and I think that was the one the were pointing
> me elsewhere for.
>

> On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 at 18:09, Brian Carpenter <brian at emwd.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> I have provided Mailman hosting via cPanel for many years now. I
>> apologize for not responding earlier to your request. I know exactly
>> what is taking up that space: attachments. Mailman takes message
>> attachments and stores them in an attachment directory that is part of
>> the Mailman file structure. This directory cannot be access via a normal
>> cPanel user. It requires root access. We have clients who from time to
>> time ask us to reduce their disk usage by clearing out their attachment
>> directory which we are happy to do.
>>
>> Personally I would like invite you to check us out at https://emwd.com
>> as I think your host did you wrong when they said they would not support
>> a 3rd party. If they are a cPanel host then Mailman is part of cPanel
>> and therefore should be supported.

Attachments still accumulate even with archiving turned off. I believe
you have to enable content filtering to filter them out.

Your host still should have purged those attachments for you.

--
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for your business. We appreciate our clients.
Brian Carpenter
EMWD.com

--
EMWD's Knowledgebase: