[Mailman-Users] Mailman 3 Ready?

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Mon Nov 25 10:17:21 EST 2019

On Mon, 25 Nov 2019 at 05:04, Johannes Rohr <jorohr at gmail.com> wrote:

> The obvious big showstopper is that there is no supported upgrade path
> from Mailman 2.* yet, according to
>
> http://www.mailman3.org/en/latest/pre-installation-guide.html#how-can-i-upgrade-from-mailman-2-1-x
> and so you certainly don't want to try to upgrade production instances
> of mailman  without it.

Is there a timeline for that?  Mailman 2.x requires python 2.x, which is
EOL in about 40 days.   It would have been nice to have a supported upgrade
path six months ago.  Can we count on one... say... in the next month?  I'm
not going to be able to do a production upgrade between now and the start
of the holidays change freeze anyway, but it would be nice if we could plan
on something for January.