[Mailman-Users] [EXTERNAL] Re: LDAP routing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 15 14:45:15 EST 2019

On 11/15/19 11:12 AM, Zinski, Steve wrote:
> We're actually migrating to Proofpoint (no more sendmail). Proofpoint will use our LDAP server for routing mail, so I'm trying to determine the best way to represent our mailman aliases in LDAP.

I know nothing about Proofpoint and not much about LDAP, but every list
address has a target which is a pipe to Mailman's mail wrapper with
unique arguments depending on the address. E.g., `list at example.com`
pipes to `mailman/mail/mailman post list` and `list-suffix at example.com`
pipes to `mailman/mail/mailman suffix list` for the various suffixes.

If you can do this programmatically, you may be able to do it similarly
to the way Exim does it (see <http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html>).

Otherwise, you will probably need 10 individual entries per list for the
list name and the nine suffixes.