[Mailman-Users] Subscriber password override?

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Sat Nov 2 20:49:31 EDT 2019

On Sat, 2019-11-02 at 17:10 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> A site admin can find the users password via bin/dumpdb of the lists
> config.pck or can find the password and change it via bin/withlist.

This sounds promising.

> Assuming you are not a site admin, you can ask her to forward the list
> welcome message she received with her current password,

I've been trying this with her. She works her Gmail from an Android
smartphone, and can't find the Forward button on the Welcome message,
if indeed she recognizes it in her inbox. She's a good friend, but
elderly and pretty slow (actually _very_ slow) with computers. I'm a
bit apprehensive about having her on an email-based list at all.

>  or as a list
> admin, you can remove her from the list, then subscribe her from the
> listinfo page with the desired password, and tell her to follow the link
> in the confirmation request email she receives.

Following a link in a confirmation email may be pushing it with her :(

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The first casualty when
FMP Computer Services |         war comes is truth."