[Mailman-Users] FetchMail feed into Mailman

Jim Ziobro list at ziobro.rochester.ny.us
Tue Mar 26 02:36:28 EDT 2019

FetchMail injects messages into the local mail system via SMTP.   I see
it also supports LMTP.  So I guess you would not need a local mail
system with Mailman3.  But why not setup standard Mailman under your
favorite mail system and let FetchMail do what it does best?  It is a
widely supported configuration.

Your favorite mail system would handle queues for you as well as support
all the tools (milters, etc) surrounding your mailman deployment.
Reliably handling the queue is important.  You won't know how important
until you start getting duplicate messages like RFC 1047
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1047>.

Just checking... when using fetchmail (for example "testlist" on Gmail)
then you'd be fetching mail for: testlist at gmail.com as well as

testlist-admin at gmail.com
testlist-bounces at gmail.com
testlist-confirm at gmail.com
testlist-join at gmail.com
testlist-leave at gmail.com
testlist-owner at gmail.com
testlist-request at gmail.com
testlist-subscribe at gmail.com
owner-testlist at gmail.com

My fetchmail test is giving me reasonable Sender info.

Ciao,
//Z\\