[Mailman-Users] Fw: Problem with mailman-loop address

ratatouille ratatouille at nimmini.de
Sat Jun 8 17:33:43 EDT 2019

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Sat, 8 Jun 2019 22:29:58 +0200
Von: ratatouille <ratatouille at nimmini.de>
An: Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
Betreff: Re: [Mailman-Users] Problem with mailman-loop address

Hello!

Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> schrieb am 08.06.19 um 13:06:49 Uhr:

> On 6/8/19 9:58 AM, ratatouille wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> schrieb am 08.06.19 um 08:13:24 Uhr:

> >> There should be. If Mailman is generating this file, it should contain
> >>
> >> # The ultimate loop stopper address
> >> mailman-loop: /var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox
> >>
> >> Try running Mailman's
> >
> > I did this already, it is not there.
> >
> >  # STANZA START: mailman
> > # CREATED: Sat Jun  8 11:43:23 2019
> > mailman:             "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
> > mailman-admin:       "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
> > mailman-bounces:     "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
> > mailman-confirm:     "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
> > mailman-join:        "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"
> > mailman-leave:       "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"
> > mailman-owner:       "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"
> > mailman-request:     "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"
> > mailman-subscribe:   "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"
> > mailman-unsubscribe: "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"
> > # STANZA END: mailman
>
> It's not in that stanza. The beginning of the aliases file, even in
> 2.1.17 should be
>
> > # This file is generated by Mailman, and is kept in sync with the
> > # binary hash file aliases.db.  YOU SHOULD NOT MANUALLY EDIT THIS FILE
> > # unless you know what you're doing, and can keep the two files properly
> > # in sync.  If you screw it up, you're on your own.
> >
> > # The ultimate loop stopper address
> > mailman-loop: /var/lib/mailman/data/owner-bounces.mbox
>

> If this is not the case, what Mailman package is this?

Wow, now I see it. I was blind. Version 2.1.17. But I don't know now if it was there
before I did a  bin/genaliases today. Would this explain why I got the bounce within
postfix?

Ok, I just looked in a backup and there is was not there. Don't know why. Now
it's there. I'll see what happens.

Thank you!

  Andreas