[Mailman-Users] List Serve Has Stopped Working

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jul 29 21:04:24 EDT 2019

At Mon, 29 Jul 2019 12:59:31 -0400 Mary Pearson <ma3ry at icloud.com> wrote:

> I have had Mailman (current version v 2.1.27) List Serve working perfectly on my website for several years.  On July 5, I made some changes to my DNS settings to satisfy cPanel's Email Deliverability standards, and since then my List Serve no longer works.  I don't know if that was the cause, or if I have done something else to break it, and DNS records were just a coincidence.
>
> I now have my main domain of ChristianGays.com <http://christiangays.com/> and sub-domain of mail.christiangays.com <http://mail.christiangays.com/> complying with DKIM and SPF records.  All is good now from that aspect, but the List Serve still doesn't work.
>
> When I say it does not work, I can send and receive using my mary at christiangays.com <mailto:mary at christiangays.com> email address, but if I use any of my other email addresses, or if another member writes, the list serve does not forward to the group.
>
> The sent emails can be found in the Archives, but they don't come through to our inboxes.
>
> Log Errors (which I don't understand) show:
>
> [29-Jul-2019 16:45:48 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; wp_mail_from has a deprecated constructor in /home/mary/public_html/mary-content/plugins/change-wp-mail-from-details/change-mail-from.php on line 105
> [29-Jul-2019 12:45:48 America/Toronto] PHP Deprecated:  Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/mary/public_html/mary-content/themes/generatepress_child/functions.php on line 249
> [29-Jul-2019 12:45:48 America/Toronto] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in /home/mary/public_html/mary-content/plugins/simple-membership/classes/class.swpm-init-time-tasks.php on line 20

These are PHP messages that seem to relate to a WordPress plugin.  Nothing to
do with Mailman, which is written in Python.

Your problems sound like a problem with the Mailman => outbound mail server
interface -- something is misconfigured there.  Do you know what you are using
for a mail server? Sendmail? Postfix? Something else?  What operating system
is the server itself running? CentOS 6, 7? Ubuntu? Something else?

> I did not set this up.  I know nothing of Python or Mailman, so although I have read your FAQ's, I am really not qualified to implement the instructions.
>
> I hired someone years ago to set this List Serve up for me, but now he is not available.  I have since hired two other people, one who specializes in Python to try to figure it out, and neither of them could find the problem.
>
> Since two coders have not been able to fix it, I doubt that giving me instructions of what to look for would help.
>
> I could hire someone else via Freelancer again, but believe it may just be more of a waste of time.  I would rather have someone who knows Mailman well, as I assume you all do.  I am willing to pay someone to look at the back end of my site to get this working again.  Is that possible?
>
> Thank you.
> Mary Pearson
> ChristianGays.com <http://christiangays.com/>

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933