[Mailman-Users] messages fail to @yahoo @aol @outlook

Bill Cole mailmanu-20190215 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Jul 28 14:12:55 EDT 2019

On 28 Jul 2019, at 13:04, Jayson Smith wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The problem I'm familiar with is messages *from*
> AOL/Hotmail/Yahoo/etc. being rejected by other Email providers.

It happens in both directions. Providers who publish a "p=reject" DMARC
policy typically also honor other providers' "p=reject" DMARC policies.
If a mailing list makes any change to messages, it should also either
munge From or wrap messages to avoid problems. You can do that for all
messages, only for "p=reject" sender domains, or for both "p=reject" and
"p=quarantine" domains.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org