[Mailman-Users] IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied on config.pck in Fedora 30

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jul 25 15:15:03 EDT 2019

On 7/25/19 11:34 AM, Robert Kudyba wrote:

> Indeed you are correct:
>
> admin(15157): IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/mailman/lists/algs-da/config.pck'
> admin(15157): Process effective group =   apache
>
> Where do I change this?

As far as I can see, everything you have is as it should be. I.e., the
wrappers are group 'mailman' and SETGID and the file system is mounted
without 'nosuid'.

Also, manipulating ownership and permissions of config.pck files is not
a solution. Because of the way they are updated, changed permissions
will be reversed.

This is a Fedora issue of some kind. You will have to contact Fedora.

The only other thing I can suggest is you have the following in /etc/fstab:

> /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-root /                       xfs     defaults        0 0
> UUID=d526e70e-89b1-4029-bfb1-db2e50d622fe /boot                   ext4    defaults        1 2
> /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-home /home                   xfs     defaults        0 0
> /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-var /var                    xfs     defaults        0 0
> /dev/mapper/fedora_newdsm-swap swap                    swap    defaults        0 0

It's a stretch, but you might try changing 'defaults' to 'defaults,suid'
at least on / and /var in case Fedora changed the default to nosuid.