[Mailman-Users] adding aliases

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jul 23 15:18:43 EDT 2019

On 7/23/19 10:29 AM, Christian Stalberg via Mailman-Users wrote:
> Mailman is running fine in a postfix/mysql/dovecot environment. I need to
> set up email forwarding for root and postmaster. I added these to
> /etc/aliases and ran newaliases to no effect.  Should I instead be manually
> editing the aliases file in the Mailman data directory then running
> /bin/genaliases ? please advise. Thank you.

This is a Postfix/Dovecot question. Presumably you are asking here
because you have a mailman installation with a dedicated domain for
mailing lists and you are wanting to forward the root and postmaster
addresses for that domain.

However, in order to be any help at all, assuming we can, we need to know:

How is mail delivered to Mailman?

If this is a Mailman package, whose? (and see
<https://wiki.list.org/x/12812344>)?

What is the output of `postconf -n`?