[Mailman-Users] Roadrunner/TWC blocking Emails

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Sat Jul 6 08:04:58 EDT 2019

Hi,

I run a few Mailman lists, and yesterday evening I started having
trouble sending Email to Roadrunner customers. I figured it was a
temporary failure of some kind, until this morning when I received the
same bounces. Whenever Sendmail connects to a Roadrunner Email server,
it immediately gets this error:

... while talking to dnvrco-cmedge01.email.rr.com.:
<<< 554 dnvrco-cmimta17 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000
... while talking to dnvrco-cmedge02.email.rr.com.:
<<< 554 dnvrco-cmimta14 esmtp ESMTP server not available AUP#I-1000
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Various attempts at Googling this error have lead me to believe that my
IP may have been blacklisted by RR/TWC for some reason. Since the
blocking happens immediately upon connect, my server doesn't have enough
time to send enough information for RR/TWC to do an SPF check much less
a DKIM validation. Various links I've tried to reach RR/TWC's postmaster
site now lead to a Spectrum support page targeted at Spectrum customers
having problems sending Email or receiving spam or other unwanted Email,
not mail servers having problems sending into Spectrum/Roadrunner/TWC.
Does anyone here know of an up-to-date link where I can find out if my
IP is blacklisted by them, submit a removal request, etc?

Various RBL checking tools indicate I'm not on any blacklists, and
several reputation check tools show my IP as being clean. I don't
know—and probably never will—why Time Warner/Roadrunner would put me on
their blacklist. This happened all of a sudden, a message addressed to
two Roadrunner customers yesterday afternoon was accepted, then about
five hours later they started blocking my IP.

Thanks for any help,

Jayson