[Mailman-Users] Automatic subscription based on e-mail subject

R. Diez rdiezmail-temp2 at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 31 12:58:47 EST 2019

 > [...]
> I think you are talking here about a web forum, where you can "subscribe"
> to information posted to a certain thread. I never saw this in a real mailing list.
>
> I Cc: this reply to you to make sure you see it - but I wonοΏ½t do this for
> every message I write to any mailing list normally.
 > [...]

This is a serious shortcoming in Mailman. I am surprised that such a basic human communication issue has not been properly addressed.

See here what kind of effect that can have. From the message below, a long discussion follows on this subject:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2018-July/294510.html

I would like to specifically mention the following page, which accurate describes the problem:

http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html

All that would not be necessary if Mailman were smart enough. It already knows how to group e-mails by subject. It could make sure the participants
are all kept in the loop.

Regards,
   rdiez