[Mailman-Users] Automatic subscription based on e-mail subject

R. Diez rdiezmail-temp2 at yahoo.de
Thu Jan 31 05:11:48 EST 2019

Hi all:

I have the following recurring problem with mailing lists all over the Internet: people do reply to my posts, by they do not address or copy
me in their replies. They send their e-mails only to the mailing list. Or they reply to the previous reply, and forget to copy the original
poster.

So I do not get a copy of the relevant messages straight away. If need to manually fish their answers from the web interface. If there is
one. And then composing e-mails is cumbersome. And the subject threading no longer works properly.

This problem has annoyed me (and other people on the Internet) for a long time.

I cannot subscribe to every mailing list I need to occasionally use. It's far too much. This e-mail is the perfect example of such a
come-ask-and-go-again scenario.

If I need to subscribe in order to post a question, I turn off mail delivery straight away.

Getting a digest with all e-mails does not help either. Replying to a single e-mail in this mode is cumbersome too. Besides, I do not want
to manually skip other messages which do not interest me.

Other forum software has a nice feature for this scenario: If I post to a subject, I am automatically subscribed to that subject. I then get
an e-mail for any new posts with the same subject.

The "topic" feature in Mailman is different. Very few people use it. I need something based on the e-mail subject.

Is there any way to achieve that with Mailman?

Thanks in advance,
   rdiez