[Mailman-Users] Manually treat certain domains as if they have restrictive DMARC policy

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jan 28 15:25:46 EST 2019

On 1/28/19 11:54 AM, David Gibbs via Mailman-Users wrote:

> To resolve this, I'm thinking of creating a flat file of domains that
> are causing this problem ... then modifying the _DMARCProhibited
> routine, in Utils.py, to read the flat file and treat domains found in
> that file as if they had a DMARC policy set to reject.
>
> Do you think that will work ... or am I completely off base?  Perhaps
> there's already a mechanism in MM 2.1 that would do what I want (hopeful
> grin)?

The current development branch at
<https://code.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1> contains
<https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1804>
which implements 'dmarc_moderation_addresses which is:

List of addresses (or regexps) whose posts should always apply
dmarc_moderation_action regardless of any domain specific DMARC Policy.

The intent of this feature is (almost) exactly your situation. We say
this about it.

 This can be utilized to automatically wrap or munge postings from known
addresses or domains that might have policies rejecting external mail
From: themselves.

This feature will be in the next release (no planned date yet) or you
can get it now from launchpad.