[Mailman-Users] Manually treat certain domains as if they have restrictive DMARC policy

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Mon Jan 28 14:54:21 EST 2019

Folks:

I've got a number of subscribers who's email admins have set a policy such that,
if a message is sent to them with their email address as the 'from' address, the
message is rejected.

This is causing those peoples posts to bounce ... and, ultimately, they get
unsubscribed.

Although the BEST course of action would be for the mail admin's to alter their
spam filters or implement DMARC policies, that's a bit much to ask for.

To resolve this, I'm thinking of creating a flat file of domains that are
causing this problem ... then modifying the _DMARCProhibited routine, in
Utils.py, to read the flat file and treat domains found in that file as if they
had a DMARC policy set to reject.

Do you think that will work ... or am I completely off base?  Perhaps there's
already a mechanism in MM 2.1 that would do what I want (hopeful grin)?

david

--
IBM i on Power Systems: For when you can't afford to be out of business!

I'm riding 615 miles (Yes, you read that right) in the American Diabetes
Association's Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education,
advocacy, and awareness.  You can make a tax-deductible donation to my ride by
visiting https://gmane.diabetessucks.net.

You can see where my donations come from by visiting my interactive donation map
... https://gmane.diabetessucks.net/map (it's a geeky thing).

I may have diabetes, but diabetes doesn't have me!