[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Sat Jan 19 18:16:11 EST 2019

On January 19, 2019 18:00:35 "Kenneth G. Gordon" <kgordon2006 at frontier.com>
wrote:

> Over the past several weeks, I have received many reports from Mailman
> concerning too
> many bounces from certain subscribers who are normally very active on one
> of my forums.
>
> All of these "Bounce Action Notification"'s appear to be coming from only a
> very few ISPs,
> the big one being AOL, although also verizon.com is another one. In the
> past, gmail.com,
> and hotmail.com have been a culprits.
>
> Is there any way to prevent these people from being essentially kicked off
> the forum until
> AOL, among others, gets its act together?

it depends on the reason that you're getting the bounces.  i get them all the
time.  sometimes they're just bogus anomalous nonsense {e, g a clearly
non-spam message rejected for "too much spam content}  i just ignore
those - those people must know about the idiosyncrasies of their ISP and
 by staying with them accept their foibles. ... BUT.. if the bounce is because
your host has been blacklisted or is otherwise banned, you need to contact
your isp pronto and get them started on getting themselves re-approved.

/Bernie\

                     Bernie Cosell
           bernie at fantasyfarm. com
— Too many people,  too few sheep —