[Mailman-Users] Restoring manually backed-up archives into cPanel installation?

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Tue Jan 15 10:44:02 EST 2019

> Thank you (and to Brian Carpenter for his separate reply). I do not have
> access to the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty directory myself. However, the
> hosting provider has said that they can put the archives in the right
location
> here; the hard thing is, as you say, getting the lists themselves in
place.
> Rather than trying something that's probably impossible with the access I
> have, I'll just redo the lists manually and then get the archives set.
>
> I do hope this goes OK; I feel like it would have been relatively
> straightforward if I were using a dedicated server instead of a shared
system,
> but I'm getting this set up for someone with no computer skills, and they
> need something like a shared, supported environment with something like
> cPanel for when I'm not around to maintain it.

If the host is willing to move your archives then they can do the same for
your lists. This is what you do:

1. Log into cPanel

2. Create the lists that you are migrating over.

3. Contact the host and ask them to overwrite those list directories that
cPanel created with your back ups. It takes a few minutes to do that. Make
sure they run /scripts/fixmailinglistperms on each list after they do that.

Brian Carpenter
Owner

Providing Cloud Services and more for over 15 years.

T: 336.755.0685
E: brian at emwd.com
www.emwd.com
www.mailmanhost.com