[Mailman-Users] How many abonents mailman can handle ?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 10 11:51:42 EST 2019

On 1/9/19 7:15 AM, Konrad Wawryn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to create newsletter mailing list with ~3,2mln abonents.
>
> The question is, can Mailman handle it ? Will it be possible to import
> via command line such a big amount of users ?

See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030518>.

The answer depends on the server and supporting infrastructure. E.g.,
how long will it take to process messages to 3.2 million recipients
through the MTA; will the Python qrunner processes be able to acquire
enough memory to handle a 500 MB (about 150 bytes per user) list
configuration.

Some have found it helpful to divide a very large list into several
smaller lists.