[Mailman-Users] admindb pages redirect to localhost

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 4 15:19:07 EST 2019

On 1/3/19 2:18 PM, David Newman wrote:
> FreeBSD 12.0-RELEASE-p1, mailman-2.1.29_5, postfix-3.3.2_1,1,
> nginx-1.14.2_3,2
>
> Greetings. Could use help understanding two issues after migrating from
> Apache to nginx:
>
> 1. All Mailman web pages load as expect except links from the admindb
> page (for pending moderator request), which redirect to localhost.
> 2. Also on the admindb page, clicking the submit button to tend to
> pending requests triggers a warning in Firefox that the info is about to
> be submitted insecurely, even though the admindb URL begins with
> https:// - how to fix this?

I'm only answering the second issue here because it may also answer the
first. The issue here is the action= URL in the form tag has an http
(not https) scheme.

But, you have

> mm_cfg.py mods:

> # Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
> MTA = 'Postfix'
> DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'

This indicates you need to run fix_url to update existing lists with
this information. See <https://wiki.list.org/x/4030616>.

If this doesn't fix the first issue too, let us know and we'll look further.