[Mailman-Users] Best way to slow down all the spam to my lists?

Fri Dec 13 13:17:46 EST 2019

On 12/12/19 12:46 PM, Chromatest J. Pantsmaker wrote:
> I'm the system admin (though I'm not great at it).  I have a problem with
> spam.  Hundreds of spam messages are posted to my lists each week.  They're
> non-subscribers so they don't go to the lists, but they *do* go to me, the
> list owner which floods my inbox.
>
> I'm looking at the page on how to use SpamAssassin:
> https://wiki.list.org/DOC/4.23%20How%20do%20I%20use%20SpamAssassin%20with%20Mailman%3F?action=show
>

> Is that the best way to do what I need?
> If so, what's the best method to use in my case?
> My system:
> Mailman 2.1.20
> Apache2 / 2.4.18
> Postfix 3.1.0
> Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS

If you can't get earlier filtering to get the rate low enough, you may
need to just change the option

Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit
action is defined.
(Details for generic_nonmember_action)

To discard so you don't get the messages (don't set it to reject or you
will be backscattering). It does say that you won't see messages that
should go to the list but the send used the wrong account.

--
Richard Damon