[Mailman-Users] Best way to slow down all the spam to my lists?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Fri Dec 13 12:23:21 EST 2019

On 12/12/2019 9:46 AM, Chromatest J. Pantsmaker wrote:
> I'm the system admin (though I'm not great at it).  I have a problem with
> spam.  Hundreds of spam messages are posted to my lists each week.

(What's a acceptable level? I wouldn't spend many hours just to eliminate 3
spams a day.)

> Is that the best way to do what I need?

I'd go for #1, filtering at the MTA level, so that mailman generally has
less to do, for some ideas-

https://www.howtoforge.com/spam-control-for-postfix
https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/block-email-spam-postfix

By implementing some of these, you may decide that spam-assassin isn't
necessary.

Later,

z!