[Mailman-Users] Mailman errors

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 24 18:31:21 EDT 2019

On 8/24/19 3:14 PM, Bill Richards wrote:

> After digging around I've found that I maybe experiencing some kind if
> config corruption in pck files under /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman  When
> looking through the smtp-failure log I noticed errors "Sender address
> rejected: Domain not found" and it appears something has or is appending
> the text "new-" to the beginning of the domain we use.  Further
> investigation shows that "new-" is appended to the domain in the
> config.pck, config.pck.last & config.pck.safety files.

What attributes have these things? Do Mailman's `bin/dumpdb` on the
config.pck files.

On the other hand, this may be the General Options -> host_name
attribute of the list. If so, just fix it.

Once we know what attributes are affected, we can say more.

> A few weeks ago are started experiencing problems with approving and/or
> discarding messages.  I am also unable to add/delete users to the list but
> messages from approved list members work fine.  I suspect either some file
> has become corrupted or a permissions issue.

Is this still an issue?  As I've said previously, see
<https://wiki.list.org/x/4030602>.