[Mailman-Users] Mailman version 2.1.16 -- Search of *private* archives?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Aug 24 17:42:58 EDT 2019

On 8/24/19 1:15 PM, Robert Heller wrote:

> It is not clear if any of the options on that page will work for *private*
> archives.  Most seem to be using an *external* third party search engine.  I'm
> guessing I need to write a script (*I* don't know phthon and don't really like
> PHP) to do the searching and indexing on my server.

Ther HtDig branch at <https://code.launchpad.net/~msapiro/mailman/htdig>
definitely works with private archives. I use it.

If you don't want to install that branch which is based on 2.1.29+,
there is a 2.1.16 version of Richard Barrett's htdig and indexing
patches on which this is based at
<https://www.msapiro.net/mm/index_htdig.patch.2.1.16>. Also see
<https://www.msapiro.net/mm/_README>

You can get htdig at