[Mailman-Users] how to test template customization

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 20 17:44:33 EDT 2019

On 8/20/19 2:34 PM, Russell Clemings wrote:
> I'm trying to customize cronpass.txt. (I understand that it needs to go in
> templates/site/en/cronpass.txt.)
>
> I think I've got it basically figured out, but I'd like to test it before
> we get to the end of the month and a couple thousand possibly messed-up
> monthly password reminders go out. Is there a way to test it, e.g. sending
> a copy just to myself?

Create (or use an existing) test list with only you as a member. Make
sure the list's send_reminders is Yes and your options "Get password
reminder email for this list?" for the list is Yes and then install your
templates/site/en/cronpass.txt and run Mailman's

cron/mailpasswds -l LISTNAME

with your test list's LISTNAME to mail reminders for only that list.