[Mailman-Users] Finding list user in redacted FBL reports

Scott Neader scott at qth.com
Tue Aug 6 10:02:29 EDT 2019

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 7:24 AM David Gibbs via Mailman-Users <
mailman-users at python.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 11:40 PM Scott Neader <scott at qth.com> wrote:
> > Do any of you have any ideas for me to identify this serial
> > 'mark-as-spammer'?  Could I hack something together temporarily that
> would
> > put maybe the first few characters of their email in the footer? (so that
> > Comcast won't sense it as an email and won't redact it?)  Other ideas?
>
> Check out the RCPT_BASE64_HEADER_NAME setting in Defaults.py.  That
> will let you tag personalized & verped deliveries with the base64
> encoding of the recipient's email address.

Thanks, David!  Unfortunately, Comcast does not supply the full email with
headers.  It only supplies the FROM, TO, CC, BCC, DATE and SUBJECT lines,
plus the BODY. Unless I'm missing something... adding a new header won't
help.  Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if anyone has any ideas on
getting this info into the footer.

Here's an example Comcast FBL report. As you can see, full headers are not
revealed. They even redact the name of the list, but based on the Subject
line, that has been easy to determine.

This is a Comcast Abuse Report for an email message received from domain