[Mailman-Users] Finding list user in redacted FBL reports

Scott Neader scott at qth.com
Tue Aug 6 00:14:03 EDT 2019

Hi all!  I have a list member with a comcast.net email address that is
marking most every list message as spam.  I have Personalization enabled,
and have the subscriber's email address in the footer, but Comcast redacts
the email address.  Unfortunately, there are quite a few comcast.net users
on this list, making this really difficult to find the offender.

I've read through the Mailman Users archives and have seen others with this
problem, and it seems some of you have come up with your own creative
solutions, but no solutions have been posted, hence my request here.  Do
any of you have any ideas for me to identify this serial
'mark-as-spammer'?  Could I hack something together temporarily that would
put maybe the first few characters of their email in the footer? (so that
Comcast won't sense it as an email and won't redact it?)  Other ideas?

Thank you in advance!

- Scott