[Mailman-Users] Frustrating web page issues

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Sun Apr 28 04:35:18 EDT 2019

On 4/27/19 10:56 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 4/27/19 5:25 PM, Mark J Bradakis via Mailman-Users wrote:
>

> And if you post one of those tracebacks here, we'd be happy to help

No need to, the fix was easy.  I had changed some permissions and
ownership of the mailman cgi files while trying to figure out the
proble, just needed to change them back.  The problem was the difference
in the Apache CGI modules.  If you use prefork MPM ( Multi Processing
Modul ) you need to use mod_cgi.  If you use worker MPM you need to use
mod_cgid.  The reverse combinations do not work.  One will actually give
you an error and not start the daemon, the other combination, which I
had, will start the server and give no indication whatsoever about any
problem, other than the 503 Service Unavailable code when trying to
execute CGI programs.

All works now, I can finally get to the 2,761 held messages that have
been building up for the last week.

mjb.