[Mailman-Users] archtoc and archtocnombox

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Apr 24 18:31:39 EDT 2019

On 4/24/19 3:15 PM, Mark Dale wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Small archives seem to use "archtoc.html" which has the link to download
> the full raw archive (mbox).
>
> Larger lists appear to use "archtocnombox.html" which is minus the link.
>
> Is there a threshold (filesize) somewhere that determines which gets
> used? or am I barking up the wrong tree completely?

This is controlled by the mm_cfg setting PUBLIC_MBOX. If it is True, the
list's index.html file is built with archtoc.html and if False, with
archtocnombox.html.

If some lists have one and some the other it's because the PUBLIC_MBOX
setting has been changed and those lists that reflect the prior setting
haven't been posted to since the change.