[Mailman-Users] Now that Python 2 is dead

Dmitri Maziuk dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu
Sat Apr 13 14:20:19 EDT 2019

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 21:05:39 +1000
Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:

> If you're running MM2 under Python 2.7, and you also have Python 3.7
> installed, the two Python interpreters don't share packages unless
> you're doing something unusual. So updating one version of the
> installed package shouldn't touch the other.
>
> That's been my experience, for what its worth.

My latest was SaltStack on centos 6 obsoleting some python-2.6 rpms or
other and automagically replacing it with python-2.7 versions. The
other guy here had his virtualenv pull in a wrong package on the deploy
host, and took a while to figure out and find a workaround.

I mostly managed to suppress the memories of trying to upgrade
openstack from nova to havana (or whatever they were called).
--
Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk at bmrb.wisc.edu>