[Mailman-Users] Now that Python 2 is dead in 2020 what are people's plans with mailman2?

Alain D D Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Apr 10 15:31:53 EDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 11:36:24AM -0400, Matthew Goebel wrote:

> Now that all support for Python 2 is supposed to go away in 2020 are people
> going to move off of mailman 2?

Most of my mailman lists are run off a CentOS 6 box, have done for a long time,
quite stable.

CentOS 8 will (is expected to) be out later this year; when that happens I will
upgrade the whole machine - before CentOS 6 EOLs.

CentOS 8 will have the version of Python need to support MM3, so I will upgrade
and copy over my lists at that point. I am expecting that there will be a few
issues (there always are) but will give me some new abilities; based on quick
browsing of the MM3 docs I will be able to keep rosta information in an SQL
database rather than a Python pickle; this will let me do interesting things
like easy interface with other subsystems.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/