[Mailman-Users] Recursion problem with "disabled" cron job.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 15 21:16:32 EDT 2018

On 10/14/18 7:33 PM, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-10-14 at 16:28 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Fix it by removing the corrupt lists/LISTNAME/pending.pck file.
>
> Can I assume a proper replacement will be auto-generated going forward?

Yes, the next time something is pended, the file will be created.

> My thinking is that if the pickle is corrupt, it was corrupted during
> normal operations of MM. Posts to subscribers bounced, MM disabled (but
> did not delete) the addresses. The addresses were manually re-enabled
> using the MM subscriber management web UI, and we have a corrupted
> file. So this looks like a bug or a python anomaly.

Granted if all that was done was that bounce processing disabled a bunch
of deliveries (and pended a re-enable token for each one), the file
shouldn't have been corrupted. Re-enabling delivery via the member
management UI doesn't touch pending.pck.

Is there anything in Mailman's error log from around the time of these
bounces or later?

Basically, if a delivery disable by bounce was successful, the
pending.pck was good at that time.

You might look at the change date on the pending.pck if you still have
the original and see if there's anything in Mailman's logs with that
time stamp.

> I'll be happy to send the sour pickle to you, Mark, if you want to look
> into it, but it's your call.

I'm curious enough to look at it, so yes, send it to me.