[Mailman-Users] Microsoft blocking our Mailman lists

Mike Starr mike at writestarr.com
Sun Oct 7 16:25:45 EDT 2018

On 10/7/2018 1:25 PM, John Levine wrote:
> It may well not be you.  Linode does a poor job of keeping their
> network clean of spammers and other miscreants.  They always kick them
> off when you report it, but by then it's too late, so their whole
> network has an iffy reputation.
>
> Linode's hosting is nothing special, either in features or price.  You
> might consider moving your system somewhere else that manages their
> network better.
And there's the problem... you can switch hosts but not know if they
manager their network better until you know they don't because your
email gets blocked. Like they say in the pool hall, poke and hope.
Unless there's some way to shop for a hosting company on the basis of
their "network reputation." As far as hosting companies go, like the
rotisserie ad said, I just want to set it and forget it.