[Mailman-Users] What file to Delete

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 25 14:36:00 EST 2018

On 11/25/18 10:50 AM, David Andrews wrote:
> I have a couple lists that had large numbers of subscribe attempts that
> are now being held for confirmation -- tens of thousands of them. Since
> there is no choice in the UI to delete them all at once -- what file do
> I delete to get rid of them?  I am running 2.1.27 cPanel, although I
> don't think that matters. I do have access to the command line.

I suspect you mean the subscriptions are waiting moderator approval in
the admindb UI.

If these are the only things waiting moderator approval for a list, you
can remove the list's request.pck file and that will remove all
moderator requests for the list. A new file will be automatically
recreated when needed.

In cPanel this is
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/<LISTNAME>/request.pck.

If you want to be more selective, see the scripts at
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_requests> and
<https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/erase>. You would need to copy these to
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/ and run them as a user that has
write access to Mailman. See a brief description of these at
https://www.msapiro.net/scripts/ or install them and run with the --help
option.