[Mailman-Users] Yahoo, AOL again

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Sun Nov 18 16:51:41 EST 2018

For the last couple months I have been getting bounces from yahoo and aol
subscribers. Hundreds a day, depending on list traffic. I think some mail
gets through to them (the yahoo subscribers) but a lot gets bounced, if not
all. None of the the subscribers have complained anyway about not receiving
messages.

Not sure what to do. I had been on Yahoo's what-cha-call-it when a user
complains or marks a message as spam, I would be able to tell what users
from a report Yahoo would send me. Assume I'm still subscribed to that
service, but have not received any for a long time.. maybe this past summer
got one or two. The bounces are similar to what follows:

 " <user>@yahoo.com
    host mta5.am0.yahoodns.net [98.136.102.54]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<
nome-announce-bounces at nomekennelclub.com> SIZE=7608:
    421 4.7.0 [TSS04] Messages from 198.252.110.38 temporarily deferred due
to user complaints - 4.16.55.1; see
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3434.html:
    retry timeout exceeded"

I'm also getting a few bounces from .me and .icloud accounts.. But that may
be a different issue.. I don't know:

" <user>@me.com
    host mx3.mail.icloud.com [17.178.97.72]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
    550 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to local policy. Please visit
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137"