[Mailman-Users] DMARC mitigation failure

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Wed Nov 14 14:53:57 EST 2018

Hi all,

I have a weird one. This morning an AOL user posted to one of my lists.
Normally this is no problem, since I have the list in question set to
munge the From: of messages from problematic domains (AOL, Yahoo, etc).
For some reason it didn't work this time. Naturally, I received bounce
reports left and right, complaining about unauthenticated Email from AOL.

Did my server fail to retrieve the DMARC information for AOL for some
transient reason, or could there be another problem? I have double
checked that the list is set to munge the From: of such messages, but it
didn't this time.

Thanks for any help,

Jayson