[Mailman-Users] *** SOLVED *** Re: (2.1.26) Mailman CGI error!!! The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being stored in your syslog: Cannot open wrapper configuration file: No such file or directory

michaelof at rocketmail.com michaelof at rocketmail.com
Tue May 29 17:29:52 EDT 2018

Mark,

pls forget my last email, you've led me already in the right direction:

- tried a sudo -u mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/listinfo and echo $? after that
- showed 8 as error code
- downloaded source for mailman 2.1.26, looked into source for cgi-wrapper.c, specifically into common.h
- 8 means GROUP_NAME_NOT_FOUND, you mentioned this as possible solution below

With this, and my knowlegde (or trust :-)) that mailman's GID configs in OpenSuse are in /etc/mailman, I've doublecked
and found one file missing after upgrade, /etc/mailman/mailman.cgi-gid.
Containing just an 8 :-S

Restored this from last backup, made immediately before I've started the upgrade of OpenSuse.

Works like a charm, as before :-)

Mark,
a) THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH !!!
b) I'll open an OpenSuse bugzilla issue for this

Regards,
Michael