[Mailman-Users] Possibly OT: GDPR and list servers

Ángel mailman at 16bits.net
Wed May 9 19:58:03 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-09 at 10:16 -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 05/09/18 08:39, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
>
> > I may put something like this at top of
> > 	http://mailman.berklix.org/mailman/listinfo
> >   GDPR: 88 pages of PDF this unpaid admin has no time to read.
> >   Mail lists & web are run Free. You pay nothing. We are paid nothing.
> >   If you object Unsubscribe Yourself.
>
> That in my opinion is about the right level of response for a typical
> mailing list.  I myself would add the following:
>
> - We do not collect any personal information beyond your email address
> - We do not sell, share or otherwise use your email address except to
> deliver mail to you

Are you sure you don't share it?
I was precisely going to mention ensuring that the roster is configured
to list-admin-only.

> - Public archives are public; think before you post.

I would also add:
- If you send an email to the mailing list, we will distribute it on
your behalf to the mailing list members. This will typically include
your name and email address, as well as any contents you place there.

- We only subscribe you to the list when you have requested so. We
ensure so by sending a confirmation email on which you need to act
before we start sending you the mailing list messages.

Best