[Mailman-Users] Mailman email suffix

Falk, Fredrik fredrik.falk at siemens.com
Thu Mar 22 02:49:17 EDT 2018

Hello,
I am currently moving a mailman installation from one machine to another, using the same 2.1.15 version.
I’ve copied all the configs over; lists, data, archives as well as the Apache & Postfix configs.

However, I am a bit surprised that the two systems don’t behave identical.
When I create a new list on both systems, I get the welcome email.

On the old system the e-mail I receive is coming from listname-bounces.suffix at domain.com<mailto:listname-bounces.suffix at domain.com> on behalf of mailman-owner at domain.com<mailto:mailman-owner at domain.com>
And in the e-mail body there is also the e-mail address present listname-request.suffix at domain.com<mailto:listname-request.suffix at domain.com>

Now on the new system the e-email is coming from listname-bounces at domain.com<mailto:listname-bounces at domain.com> on behalf of mailman-owner at domain.com<mailto:mailman-owner at domain.com>
In the e-mail body the e-mail is listname-request at domain.com<mailto:listname-request at domain.com>

So you see, I am missing the “.suffix” part

I have not found any setting which would change the behavior like this.
Anyone has any idea what I am missing?

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Fredrik

Siemens Industry Software GmbH; Anschrift: Franz-Geuer-Str. 10, 50823 Köln; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Urban August, Daniel Trebes; Sitz der Gesellschaft: Köln; Registergericht: Amtsgericht Köln, HRB 84564