[Mailman-Users] Sending domain does not exist but it actually does?

Christian F Buser luscheina at yahoo.de
Thu Mar 22 12:00:37 EDT 2018

Hi Jayson

Who was the domain "complaining" about this? You did not mention.

We recently had the problem that German provider "1&1 Internet" (who
also operates one of the biggest freemail services, GMX, and some other
mail domains) would not accept mails from our domain (and also not send
to it), throwing an error message about some missing MX record. However,
all other domains (or addresses)  could be reached without any problems,
and they could also send mails to us.

Please check on the site of GMX
<https://postmaster.gmx.com/en/error-messages> what the requirements are
for them to accept mail messages. Then you can check your DNS entries
using <https://intodns.com/> whether all necessary entries are there.

Christian
> Jayson Smith <mailto:jaybird at bluegrasspals.com>
> 22. M�rz 2018 um 15:10
> Hi,
>

> Lately I've been getting some bounced mail from people at the
> provider/server plus.com. I've redacted addresses, but this is the
> error message:
>

> <<< 550 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address <xxxxxxx-bounces at xxxxxxx.com>
> does not exist
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
> Obviously, the sending domain *does* exist, so I assume it's their
> problem. Is there anything at all I can do about this? Not all mail to
> these users bounces.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Jayson

Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe f�r Strassenkinder in Ghana: http://www.chance-for-children.org