[Mailman-Users] User unknown error on gentoo

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Mar 8 00:53:17 EST 2018

On 03/07/2018 09:26 PM, Alexander wrote:
> Without including my domain explicitly under mydestination all virtual
> accounts work successfully, however mailman reports user unknown
>
> Results in mailman list user unknown error
> mydomain = XXX.com
> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost
>
> As suggested here
> (https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-134833-start-0.html) I added the
> domain explicitly
> mydomain = XXX.com
> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, XXX.com
>
> Now mailman works, but all virtual users are rejected with unknown user
>
> Any suggestion on how to support both vitual users and mailman lists.

Please post the output from 'postconf -n'. Also specific Postfix log
messages might be helpful. as well as a sample of the content of
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

If XXX.com is a virtual_alias_domain or a virtual_mailbox_domain, it
shouldn't be in my_destination.

If you have XXX.com in virtual_alias_domains and your list addresses are
mapped from lisname at XXX.com to listname in virtual-mailman, it should
work. What is the Postfix error message in this case?